Mail is the email program that is included in Mac OS X and it can be configured to receive messages from your M+Google Mail account.
1. In your M+Google Mail account, click the upper gear icon and then choose Mail Settings.
2. Click the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
3. In the IMAP Access section, click the Enable IMAP button. Leave the remaining settings with their default selections.
4. Click Save Changes.
5. From Apple Mail, click the Mail menu and then click Preferences...
6. In the Mail Preferences, click the + icon at the bottom of the window.
7. Type in your name, full U-M email address and Kerberos Password.
8. Click Continue.
Note: You will likely receive an error message saying the login failed. Click Continue again.
9. Verify IMAP is selected.
10. In the Description field, type in a name for the inbox (e.g. U-M Google).
11. In the Incoming Mail Server field, type in imap.gmail.com.
12. Click Continue.
13. In the Outgoing Mail Server field, type smtp.gmail.com.
14. Click Continue.
15. Click Create.
Mail & Calendar >