When you click on an email link in a Web page or email message, your computer will open a new compose window with the email address in the To: line. The program used to compose the message is determined by the Default Mail Handler for your computer.
You can set Google Chrome to be the default mail handler in a couple ways.
From Your Address Bar
When you first log in to your M+Google Mail account, you’ll see a double-diamond icon in your address bar:
Clicking this icon opens a menu:
Choose Use University of Michigan Mail and then click Done. Chrome will now open a new compose window whenever you click on an email link.
From Google Chrome Settings
If you don’t see the double-diamond icon in your Address bar, you can set the default mail handler in your Google Chrome settings.
- From the menu, choose Settings (or Preferences, depending on your operating system).
- At the bottom of the Settings page, click Show advanced settings.
- In the Privacy section, click Content settings. A new window opens.
- In the Handlers section, click Manage handlers. The Protocol handlers window opens.
- In the mailto section, choose University of Michigan Mail from the dropdown list.