The Mail and Drive apps for Android will soon get a facelift and some handy improvements.
The new Mail app design will feature:
The new app will support all Android 4.0+ devices. It’s currently available on all devices running Android 5.0 Lollipop and will roll out soon on Google Play. Read Google's announcement for more information.
- a convenient reply button at the bottom of every message
- easier switching between accounts and different inbox categories on your Android tablet
- support for all email providers (e.g. create separate inboxes for Yahoo Mail or Outlook.com addresses using POP/IMAP)
The new version of the Drive Android app is also coming soon to Google Play. The launch includes:
- a newly designed interface that makes creating, uploading and accessing content easier
- improved search that updates results as you type into the search box
- custom file share messages and enhanced link sharing features
- an improved built-in PDF viewer
Read Google's announcement for more information.