posted Apr 9, 2012, 1:56 PM by Rita Girardi
The Google Team has determined that many, but not all, of those who migrated over the weekend had missing mail. This evening, we will re-migrate those Mail accounts that had incomplete data transfers. For most of you, that process should be complete by 10 am tomorrow (Tues April 10).
- You do not need to take any action. The re-migration will take place in the background.
- The existing messages in your new account will not be affected.
- You may continue to use your UMICH Google Mail account. However, please avoid changing, moving, or adding labels until the re-migration is complete.
- After 10 am tomorrow, please check your UMICH Google Mail account to confirm that your missing mail is now there. If you are still experiencing problems, please contact the ITS Service Center at 734-764-HELP (4357) Option 4 or 4HELP@umich.edu
- If you have not already done so, we also suggest you advise your local unit IT staff of your situation.
Again, we apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. Our test re-migrations have gone well so we are confident that we can correct these problems quickly. Thank you for your patience and understanding!