posted Nov 6, 2013, 12:21 PM by Eric Fruth
updated Dec 9, 2013, 1:38 AM by Rita Girardi
A completely new (rewritten from the ground up) Box Sync will be released in the next few weeks. In order to be ready for the Box Sync 4, make sure you are on the most current release of Box Sync 3. Choose “Check for update” in your Box Sync client to see if you’re up to date and update if necessary. Once you are on the current version, when Box Sync 4 is released, you’ll be automatically updated.
What’s New in Box Sync 4.0?
- Syncing 100,000 Files - up from 40,000 for Box Sync 3
- Improved Overall Performance
- Improved CPU Usage
- Root-Level File Syncing - no more “Default Sync folder”
- Subfolder Syncing
- Notifications when Files Cannot Sync
- Unsync on Delete - when you unsync a folder, it is removed from your computer, but not from Box. To remove it from Box completely, use the web client.