posted May 16, 2012, 8:26 AM by Rita Girardi
updated May 17, 2012, 7:51 PM
We will provide daily updates after each major phase of the project until technical issues and support issues return to a moderate level. The Phase 1 migration occurred this past weekend. This email details the activities completed during the second business day of operation. Migration Summary
Transition Desk Summary
- Messages (IMAP and Exchange) succeeded/attempted: 35,649,662 / 35,671,469
- Accuracy rate: 99.94%
- Calendar events (Exchange) succeeded/attempted: 2,624,340 / 2,654,882
- Accuracy rate: 98.85%
Google Guide SummaryStudent Google Guides were on-site at 21 locations on Tuesday. The number of on-site support personnel ranged from one to five depending on the location and unit preference.Over 66 faculty and staff were provided assistance by Google Guides. The topics of the support questions that were covered included:
|Date||Transition Desk Tickets|
|Saturday, May 12||32|
|Sunday, May 13||29|
|Monday, May 14||195|
|Tuesday, May 15||113|
IssuesHere are the issues that are still open from Monday or new today:
- Email: 65
- Calendar: 23
- Mobile device set-up: 20
- Collaboration tools: 7
- Resource calendars migrated from Meeting Maker and Exchange are not showing events.
Calendars migrated from Meeting Maker are not appearing on the resource calendar in Google. These meetings are however appearing on the people’s calendars.
- Corrective Action: Analysis is still underway. The Google technical team is continuing to work with units to collect additional information.
- Some groups used to share resources have distorted names
When some users were creating new events in Google calendar and adding groups, the names are changing into distorted names.
- Corrective Action: Analysis is still underway. A ticket has been submitted to Google.
- Additional requests for Departmental Accounts are in-progress
Units have identified additional Departmental Accounts that are needed.
- Corrective Action: The units are submitting requests for these departmental accounts and the accounts are being added.
- Incomplete migration of some large calendar events
Instructions were provided to these users and/or their administrative assistants to complete a comparison of the old Exchange calendar with the new Google calendar and add any missing events.
- EECS email did not migrate to user account
Re-migration was completed on Sunday night.
- Some users received declined conference rooms invitations
The owner of the resource needs to go into the calendar and accept the meeting invites.
- Slow processing in MCommunity
This will be completed prior to the June 18 migration.
- Some users did not get migrated over the weekend
The mini-migration for those users that were missed will be completed next week.
ConclusionAlthough there are no major open issues, there are enough minor open issues to warrant a Day Three report on Wednesday.
- Sponsored Affiliates cannot self-migrate at this time
Sponsored Affiliates will be migrated later this week or early next week.