posted May 17, 2012, 10:57 AM by Rita Girardi
updated May 17, 2012, 10:59 AM
We will provide daily updates after each major phase of the project until technical issues and support issues return to a moderate level. The Phase 1 migration occurred this past weekend. This email details the activities completed during the third business day of operation.
Transition Desk Summary
Google Guide SummaryStudent Google Guides were on-site at 11 locations on Wednesday. The number of on-site support personnel ranged from one to five depending on the location and unit preference.
|Date||Transition Desk Tickets|
|Saturday, May 12||32|
|Sunday, May 13||29|
|Monday, May 14||195|
|Tuesday, May 15||113|
|Wednesday, May 16||84|
Sixty-two (62) faculty and staff were provided assistance by Google Guides. The topics of the support questions that were covered included:
- Email: 57
- Calendar: 19
- Mobile device set-up: 10
- Collaboration tools: 7
Here are the issues that are still open from this week with one new reported issue.
- Resource calendars migrated from Meeting Maker and Exchange are not showing events.
Calendars migrated from Meeting Maker are not appearing on the resource calendar in Google. These meetings are however appearing on the people’s calendars.
- Corrective Action: Analysis is still underway. The Google technical team is continuing to work with units to collect additional information.
- Some groups used to share resources have distorted names
When some users were creating new events in Google calendar and adding groups, the names are changing into distorted names.
- Corrective Action: Analysis is still underway. A ticket has been submitted to Google. Based on the response from Google, this is a known issue that the Google Calendar product team is currently working on fixing. Unfortunately, there is no estimate on how long it will be before the fix is made.
- NEW: A small percentage of Exchange user accounts were not properly processed
Accounts were not properly broken up and renamed.
- Corrective action: An audit of exchange accounts is underway. User accounts which were not properly processed will receive a follow up email.
- Incomplete migration of some large calendar events
Instructions were provided to these users and/or their administrative assistants to complete a comparison of the old Exchange calendar with the new Google calendar and add any missing events.
- EECS email did not migrate to user account
Remigration was completed on Sunday night.
- Some users received declined conference rooms invitations
The owner of the resource needs to go into the calendar and accept the meeting invites.
- Slow processing in MCommunity
This will be completed prior to the June 18 migration.
- Some users did not get migrated over the weekend
The mini-migration for those users that were missed will be completed next week.
- Sponsored Affiliates cannot self-migrate at this time
Sponsored Affiliates will be migrated later this week or early next week.
- Additional requests for Departmental Accounts
Requests for Departmental Accounts continue to be received and added.ConclusionThis is the last daily bulletin for the May 14 Google migration.
- The number of tickets submitted to the Google Transition Desk continues to decline.
- The number of faculty and staff needing on-site assistance from the Student Google Guides has stabilized.
- No new major issues have been identified. The two open issues will continue to be worked until a resolution is obtained. Once completed, this information will be updated on the M+Google website.