posted Apr 16, 2014, 8:43 AM by Jennifer Mruk
updated Apr 5, 2016, 11:33 AM by Eric Fruth
UMICH users signing into their Chrome browser have been experiencing a login error due to a bug in the version of Chrome released last week. Google is aware of the problem and is working on a solution. Until the issue is fixed, probably in a new version of Chrome, there is a workaround URL that will allow you to log in without the error.
- Open up an instance of Google chrome, then click on the triple line icon at the top right hand corner on the browser window.
- Navigate down to settings option, which will open the settings window.
- At the bottom of the settings page there a people section ,and if there is user in the box please delete.
- Once deleted please close the browser completely, and make sure no incognito windows are open.
- Then open a new instance of chrome and place" //chrome-signin/?source=0" into the address bar and hit enter.
- This will bring you to a google sign in page,and proceed as normal logging in using your U of M credentials