posted Mar 7, 2012, 5:58 AM by Rita Girardi
updated Mar 13, 2012, 11:14 AM
Migration StatusStudents, Retirees, U-M Online Subscribers, and December 2011 graduates were provided with access to the Migration Assistant on March 5 to migrate their IMAP mail and/or contacts into their new Google account. The information provides an update on the migration status.
- In-Queue: Migration Assistant has been submitted and account is waiting to be migrated.
- Migrating: Accounts that are currently in the migration process. Based on the number and size of the emails, the migration can take hours or days.
- Done: Total accounts that have completed the migration process.
Monday, March 5 - 10:30 pm
Tuesday, March 6 - 10:00 pm
Support SummaryThe Transition Desk was fully staffed on Day 2 to answer inquiries. The information below show the number of tickets submitted to the Transition Desk on Tuesday, March 6:
- Tier 1 - 168
- Escalated to Tier 2 - 8
- Escalated to Tier 3 - 5
- No additional issues with the Transition Desk call volume.
- No additional issues with the IMAP backend servers. As IMAP load goes down, additional GAMME servers can be set-up.
- 3,256 users were not loaded into the Migration Assistant although communications regarding the March 5 Go-Live were sent to them.
- Update: The analysis showed that these 3,256 users were either affiliated with the Health System or were Emeritus faculty. The Health System affiliation was previously noted in their communications so no additional communication is required. The faculty/staff role for the Emeritus faculty overrode the retiree role and the Emeritus faculty were placed into the “All Tools except Email and Calendar”. A communication will be sent to these Emeritus faculty with updated information on Wednesday.
- 13,000 additional users were loaded into the Migration Assistant that did not receive communications.
- Update: An analysis is still required regarding the affiliation of these users. Once identified, communications will be sent to them notifying them of the new service.
- Thirty-seven (37) users were not provisioned from MCommunity into the proper sub-org.
- Update: Users will be manually moved into the correct sub-org and loaded into the Migration Assistant later this week. Communications to these affected users will then be sent.
- Ninety-nine (99) users not provisioned from MCommunity to Google.
- Update: Users will be manually provisioned into Google and loaded into the Migration Assistant later this week. Communications to these affected users will then go out. In the short term, MCommunity will run a report each morning to identify any newly affected users. These users will be manually provisioned. In the long term, a fix to the connector tool will be developed, tested, and applied.
- IMAP contacts not being reported as complete.
- Update: The short term fix has been put in-place to identify the orphaned contacts and show them as completed. The long term solution has been developed and is being tested in QA. Once the migration requests slow, this fix can be put into production.
Since there are no major open issues, there will be no additional daily bulletins for the March 5 Go-Live. The next daily bulletin will be sent Monday, April 9 following the next migration - Phase 1 Staff Google Guides and Unit IT Staff.