posted Jan 13, 2016, 11:36 AM by Jennifer Mruk
updated Jan 13, 2016, 11:39 AM
Google has announced an update that brings a better and faster search experience to Drive. Users will now have the following ways to find files:
- Narrow your search to a file type from the search box on Android, iOS, and the web.
- Open advanced search instantly from the search box.
- Access recent files or search Drive from the home screen using 3D Touch on iOS.
- Search Drive using the iOS search bar without opening the Drive app.
Some behind the scenes improvements include:
- Search for shared files by file owner using their name or email address.
- Use advanced search option including: date file was modified, words in file, who shared the file.