posted Feb 10, 2012, 11:16 AM by Rita Girardi
- 158 people were eligible to migrate in Pilot 1.5. This included 90 self-migrating students from the Faculty Learning Community Pilot Project; 5 have used the Migration Assistant to move their mail so far. The remaining 68 people were primarily IT staff from units migrating in Phase 1 (including Law, Student Affairs, LSA, Ross, and Rackham, and ITS Service Center staff).
- Users migrated: 73
- Messages attempted/succeeded: 784,729/784,210
- Accuracy rate: 99.933%
- Support Volumes Emails to Google Team: Approximately 20
- Calls/emails to Service Center: None. (One question came from an Executive (John Gohsman), but was not migration related.)
- Two users had an incorrect names in Google. Fixed via admin in Google.
- 2 very large calendars were not migrated completely due to Google API limits -- we are developing a strategy to deal with these ahead of time, will be ready for the ITS pilot
- 1 user who was not receiving new mail. Mail routing logs confirm that messages are being delivered. Opened ticket with google to escalate the issue. Resolved.
- 2 exchange accounts for business school IT staff we were unable to disable and reattach mailboxes under a different name. These issues were unique to these individuals and related to their administration of OCS (Microsoft Communicator); verifying that no one else has this configuration.
- The technical staff utilized Google Hangouts (via Google+) throughout the migration to coordinate rollout activities via chat and document sharing. They found the tool very useful for keeping up to date and working through the migration activities.
- Google+ has been enabled for select project members for testing. No major issues have been seen.