posted Apr 9, 2015, 9:25 AM by Jennifer Mruk
updated Jun 26, 2015, 8:29 AM
Google+ Photos in Drive has now hit the UMICH domain. Google has announced the release of a new feature that allows people using Google+ Photos to store and organize photos and videos in Google Drive. All users, including those who do not currently use Google+ Photos, should know the following:
We expect to see Google+Photos in Drive in the UMICH domain in the next few weeks. For more information, see:
- A new menu item, Google Photos, will appear in Drive
- Upon launch, a notification in the Drive web UI will give users the option to add a Google Photos folder to their My Drive.
- This feature can be managed through Drive Settings > General > Automatically put your Google Photos in a folder in My Drive
- If the user opts to create the Google Photos folder in My Drive, and is also a Sync Client user, they may want to go to Sync Client Preferences > Sync Options > and selectively remove the new Google Photos folder from syncing to their desktop
- Users can rename, move, share or delete the Photos folder in My Drive at any time. NOTE: If a user deletes photos or videos from the Google Photos folder in Drive, they will also be deleted in Google+.
- The default share setting for the Google Photos folder is Not Shared
- If at any time a user unchecks the setting to put Google Photos into the Photos folder in My Drive, the folder will continue to exist (unless deleted by the user) but no new photos will be added