posted Jan 9, 2015, 11:21 AM by Jennifer Mruk
Google recently announced that OpenID 2.0 for all Google accounts will be discontinued. Changes will be appear on the OpenID 2.0 approval page per the schedule below.
Schedule for changes to the approval page:
- November 18, 2014: Warning message may be shown on consent dialogs, directing users to this help article.
- December 1, 2014: Auto-approval is disabled for a small number of requests on an intermittent basis, some users will be forced to re-consent.
- January 12, 2015: Auto-approval is progressively disabled for many users, these users will be forced to re-consent.
- February 23, 2015: Auto-approval is turned off, users must consent on each request.
- March 23, 2015: Grace period for developers using the openid_shutdown_ack parameter ends, warning is shown and auto-approval turned off for all applications.
- April 20, 2015: OpenID is shut down. A static error page will be displayed on all requests. Users must migrate well before this date.